Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Goths and Highschool





Oh, my gothlings! I'm so sorry. My personal life has been getting in the way and preventing me from posting! Its my first year of highschool and we all know how that is! 


Trying to fit in and not giving up your self-expression. But actually, people have been open to goths entering their school. 


My friend and I are the only goths in our school. We where also the only ones in middle school. And she, shows off her choker (mine was destroyed in eight grade and I have not been able to replace it) and of course that raises eyebrows and questions. 


And my boyfriend has also wondered. Now everyone asks questions. The most common being, "What's the difference between goth and emo?" 


I try to make them understand that goth isn't just about wearing black. That it isn't about being crazy or depressed, but a way of finding beauty in the dark. In what people fear.


Some seem to get it. Others just give me more puzzled expressions. But I'm happy that they aren't judging us but trying to understand us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment